Sunday, 16 May 2010

The next step to downsizing


We need sponsorship...

Wouldn't that be great! If we could get sponsorship to go on our travels, that would be just brilliant.

Failing that of course, its time to go through the things that have a place here, but are no longer needed or used.

I have thought long and hard over what things I could sell. I only buy things that are dear to my heart. Buying them and welcoming them into the home is an important event. It becomes part of a memory, part of an experience.

Once that object becomes part of my life it is an important part of the life that I have. Books are my downfall. As I am embarking my new life as a writer, it is important that I read. Good writers are good readers first.

So, the painstaking decision came to look through my bookshelves and see which books will start a new journey on someone else's bookshelf. I suppose I am excited for their new journey because I know what that feels like.

So, I have put about 30 books on amazon. Its a bit like putting a message in a bottle. You know it will take time and you hope someone will read your message and respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment